Monday, October 19, 2009

Shopping sorrows

I had an outdoor wedding to attend this weekend. It was rainy, it was cold and most people stayed at home in their sweats to watch a movie. I realized that the cotton dress that I had planned to wear wasn't going to cut it. I decided on an impromptu shopping trip after work on Thursday. The problem was, where could I go? I wanted to get home to spend time with Nate, but still hit up the store that would have the best selection. I started at Burlington Coat Factory, where I had luck earlier this year. Nothing looked right. The Calvin Klein sweater dresses were adorable on the racks, not so much so on my curvy figure. It showed off every angle. I ended up buying a pair of cute brown short boots...1980s style. With no luck on the dress, I headed to Ross, which was my first instinct. I loaded the cart with 18 items. No lie. There were so many cute dresses there. I couldn't decide what to wear, so I ended up spending $111 and taking it all home to Nate to help me decide what to wear. I ended up with a Calvin Klein pleated dress, a long sleeved brown and purple dress that will be great for work, four pairs of tights, a brown cardigan, a purple sweater cardigan and a purple Nine West purse. All of the items are interchangeable and great additions to the wardrobe. I ended up wearing the tan Calvin Klein dress with a brown cardigan, brown tights and knee-high brown boots. I was warm and I felt dressed for the season. I got many compliments on my outfit. I actually got some inspiration at a blog I follow...wardrobe911.com. Check it out if you are in a fashion slump.

No comments: