Monday, July 23, 2012

Craft corner

Well....it was time. My craft supplies were in the very large closet of our spare bedroom. When we made the other extra bedroom Ayla's nursery, a lot of furniture was moved to the front room 
leaving little room for me to work. Also, that room is going to be Ayla's, so while I had the time and energy, I created a corner of our basement into my craft space and hauled everything down two flights of stairs while she napped. It wasn't easy. But, it was rewarding. I have a place to escape to when I need it. The first picture shows set up of the blank furniture. I got the shelves at a yard sale for $15 for both. The sewing table was s $1 at an auction and I repurposed it. The stack of while shelves were $5 at a year sale and I had the plastic table to the left that I have always used for working on my crafts. The piece of carpet is actually just an outdoor rug from Home Depot for $18 that is intended for outside RVs. Even though our basement is water free, it is still damp and I didn't want to spend a fortune on carpet unnecessarily. Below, you can see that I started to fill the shelves. I had way more stuff that I thought I did. I tried to sort some out, throwing some in boxes for a yard sale.  I think I have everything transferred from cardboard show boxes to plastic containers (14 for $15 at Costco). I scoured my house for baskets and storage containers. All in all, I still think it's too cluttered and would like it to look more stylish. I have a few more things to add and I have to take a new picture. Hopefully, that is to come.

No comments: