Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Beauty in a bottle

A few years ago, I snagged a very large box of random old bottles at an auction for a few dollars. I gave some some away and used some in home decor. However, the look is tired and old So, I have been seeing some really cool techniques on Pinterest and decided to try it out. My bathroom recently got a facelift with a crisp new coat of paint, so it needs some snazzed up knick knacks. Putting one of these flairs into the bottle as is would be a really cool rustic look, but that isn't what I was looking for. I wanted something that popped.


I started with a plain bottle. I used a hot glue gun to draw a heart on it. It dried very quickly. I should have pulled off the dried glue strings, but I learned a very cheap lesson. And then, I spray painted it matte black. I LOVE spray paint. I can't wait to get to Wal-mart and add to my collection. I only have black and white and I have so many ideas. My home already has a bathroom mirror, ceiling fan, picture frame and accent table that have been refreshed with spray paint. I also sprayed the accent that I chose with white for some contrast. A few minutes to dry and voila...look how crisp and beautiful the bottle is. I hope to do a few more for a cluster of bottles. We will see how it goes.

No comments: