Saturday, August 17, 2013

Shopping to save

I'm not sure where the excitement comes from saving money...but it's what fuels me to scour sales and cut and now print coupons. I'm definitely not an extreme couponer, but I do stock up if something is on sale that we will use and won't go bad. My most recent save was on Cottonelle flushable wipes at Giant. These are a luxury I don't think we need, except they come in handy now that Ayla is potty trained. 
The small refill packs were $2, the large $5.99. If you bought two packs of Cottonelle bath tissue on sale for $5.99, you got $3 off the large wipes. So, I bought:
Cottonelle 12 pack: $5.99
Cottonelle 12 pack: $5.99
Cottonelle large wipe refill: $5.99
Cottonelle small wipe refill: $2
Total: $20
Less $1 coupon off two wipes
Less $1 off coupon two packs off toilet paper
Less $3 in-store instant savings
Less $4 in-store coupons off any purchase 
Total: $11
Not too shabby for 24 rolls of toilet paper and two packs of refills. 

No comments: