Tuesday, December 3, 2013

DIY Cupcake Tin Advent

There are lots of awesome advent calendars out there...but they can cost a fortune. Last year, I started making my own. In this season of life, I like to keep it simple.
Last year, I started using the cupcake tin idea. I am sure this idea came from Pinterst. It was quite an undertaking because I had to cut out all of the circles and numbers...thankfully I saved all the covers and was able to assemble quickly this year. If you have more than one child, just get some more cupcake tins!
What you need:
Mini cupcake tin
24 pieces of miniature candies or small toys
Holiday paper
1-24 Stickers or cutouts from Cricut
24 Circles 2 inch circles (use Cricut or hole punch) 
24 Circles 2 1/2 inch circles (use Cricut or hole punch)
Glue or adhesive
Glue dots

Directions:
Cut out the numbers 1-24 (to save time you can buy stickers).
Cut out the circles. Place the numbers on each of the smaller circles and layer on top of a larger circle.
Place a piece of chocolate or small toy in each of the circles. Place a glue dot on the top and bottom the assembled circle and stick to cover the opening.

As you can see by the finished product, gluing the small numbers made a bit of a mess....so stickers would definitely be a cleaner, quicker option.

 

No comments: