Friday, November 8, 2013

DIY Gallery Wall Obessesion

Ever since I started stalking Pinterest, I have been looking for ways to spruce up my 5-year-old home decor. Enter: The Gallery Wall. I love it! It's busy, random and totally out of my comfort zone. I tried to make it symettrical, but my husband says sometimes you have to be random...I like it! I did measure the spot on the wall where I wanted to put it (about 5 by 5) and used the floor to lay it out.
Of course, as we hung it, it transformed. Well, let's be truthful, I stood back and gave directions while he hung it. I am not the most adept at hammers and nails...and forget screws.

In the process, we added and deleted. And, with another baby on the way...there had to be room to add some more photos. I still want to incorporate a few more funky pieces (we were thinking old saw or shot gun...ha). I also would like to color the "S" a tan to contrast, but that won't take long. I have seen a lot of gallery walls that I love, but of course, when you make your own...it's right at home.

No comments: