Friday, March 28, 2014

Black and grey desk makeover

I am addicted to finding old stuff and making it new. I don't want to say "junk" because this desk was FAR from junk. My dad found it at an auction for a ridiculously low price and handed it off to me. It was in great condition, solid wood and would cost a fortune at a furniture store today. But, it had the "old" look. He painted it cream and distressed it, but it needed a little character. I personally made it something I would put in my office, in case it didn't sell for what I wanted to get for it, it would have  home.
I am getting more efficient. I painted this in about two days once I committed to it. It was sitting in my basement since the fall, though. I hope to have more projects to paint, once he starts heading to the auctions again. I did pick up an old, falling apart sewing table for free on the side of the road. I have to practice my carpentry skills on that one!

No comments: