Saturday, March 29, 2014

Tie it up: Spring wreath


  I have a pretty beautiful front door. It's probably original to the house, built in 1938ish. It's deserving of some adornments. I have a great fall and Christmas wreath that were gifts, but I needed something for spring, summer and winter. So, I set out on a mission. Since it's timely, here is the spring one. I am a pretty random crafter. I kind of start with an idea and just wing it. I am sure this drives some people crazy, but I don't always like to read directions...I just want to craft.
What you need:
Wire wreath frame (About $3 at Wal-mart)
Fabric remnants (a sheet is a great, cheap choice)
Buttons
Needle and thread (hot glue if you hate to sew)
Directions:
 
1. Cut your fabric into strips. I would say about 8 inches or so.
2. The wreath has 4 rings. I found it covers the wreath better with less fabric if you use one of the middle rings and not the inside or outside.
3. Simply start tying knots. You can space them as close or far as you want. Tie until your whole wreath is covered. It’s a great project to do while watching TV or socializing.
4. For the flowers, there are A LOT of tutorials on Pinterest for these. I read a few and then just did what I thought worked for me. I just cut different sizes of a flower shape and layered them until it looked like a flower. I sewed them together in the center and added a button.
That is it! Seriously.

No comments: