Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thirft store treasures

It's really no secret that I love to shop at thrift stores. There is nothing more thrilling than finding a great piece of clothing for a fraction of the cost. It allows me to shop without guilt. I am supporting a wonderful nonprofit as well as my shopping habit without breaking the bank. It's pure bliss.

Up until today, I never shopped there unless it was a Wednesday. It's because regular thrift store prices aren't cheap enough for me anymore, I need to go when it's 50-percent-off day. However, my sister-in-law, Hannah, came to visit me today and we stopped by. I found better deals than on 50-percent-off day. They had shorts, sweatshirts, sweatpants and long-sleeve sweaters for 99 cents. 99 cents!!!! A soda is more expensive than that. And, on top of it, blue tags were 50 percent off. I got the most beautiful purple pea coat from Gap for $3. I found a nice black cardigan for my teacher look for 99 cents and an awesome teal hoodie from Gap for 99 cents. My back-to-school shopping has been CHEAP!

If you are up that way, The Danskin Outlet on State Street in York is going out of business . Everything in the store is marked down. Hannah got a bathing suit for $4. I found great workout clothes for cheap. I am sad, really sad, that it is closing. That is where I purchased my triathlon suit for $15. If I would have ordered it, it would have been closer to $100. Most of my running clothes are from there and I will be sad to see it go. So, of course, I had to stock up a bit!

No comments: