Monday, August 3, 2009

Recycling makes me crazy...in a good way

I don't know when it happened, but something touched my heart when it came to saving the earth. Maybe it's my fear of unwanted waste, but I HATE to see a plastic bottle go into the regular trash. SO many places I have worked don't recycle. I bag up my bottles and take them home. Today, I threw a soda bottle in the trash can at school. I felt sick to my stomach. I recycle EVERYTHING at home. Do you know if it's paper or cardboard or anything really that you could probably burn like paper, you can recycle it with the newspapers? I just added an extra trash can in the office to make it easier for me to collect unwanted papers and trash that I could recycle. I have a compost bin and that helps reduce our waste. We might throw out one trash bag a week, even though we pay for four bags a week.
I do every bit I can. I do vaguely remember Earth Day in 4th grade and how much I wanted to be someone that saved the earth. I think as I get older, it's more the fact that I see how beautifully blessed we are with farms and forests and other natural resources, that I really would like to save them!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I can't believe your school doesn't recycle. Just like I can't believe that YNC doesn't (well, wouldn't w/o Erin, you, and now me taking that stuff away).