Monday, March 2, 2009

Asian Rice Salad

I love sushi and the flavor the rice has (which comes from rice vinegar and sugar). I also love cold salads with lots of vinegar. The more, the better. I experimented with this Asian Rice Salad. The photo is a little dark...I definitely need a new camera..but you get the idea.

2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup frozen corn
1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
Mix it all together and enjoy!
I think it need a little more vinegar. It's a little plain. But I do like the crunch that the water chenstnuts and peanuts give it.

2 comments:

Jen Vogelsong said...

This sounds so yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe. The moment my kitchen is back, I don't think I'll be eating out for months. I miss it SOOOO much. I came back from Costa Rica with all kinds of ideas for stuff I want to try to make but can't yet!

Nicki S. said...

Maybe you can cook the rice at a friend's/sister's house and then make the rest at home. I don't know...the dressing needs to be tweaked..it's not quite strong enough. I packed it in my lunch today, so we will see.