Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Who says you can't have hot breakfast in a hurry?

I always struggle with what to eat in the morning.
It's usually a granola bar, some jelly toast or the occasional bowl of oatmeal. In just a few more minutes, I can have a hot and healthy breakfast pita like the one you see to the right. I cook my breakfast while I pack my lunch so I am not standing around idle, wasting time. So, I turn on the stove and while the pan heats up, I make a sandwich. Then, I pour in the egg beaters. While they warm up, I grab a few snacks and a drink and throw it into my lunch box. For this pita, I sprinkled real bacon bits and a bit of mozzarella cheese into the cooking eggs for added flavor. And of course, I added some ketchup. On a busy morning, I bet making this is quicker than waiting in the drive-thru at your favorite fast-food restaurant.

2 comments:

Jen Vogelsong said...

Earlier this winter, I decided I needed something more substantial than cold cereal in the morning. So, I throw an English muffin in the toaster, scramble an egg quick and add a slice of cheese. It's faster than I thought (muffin toasts while egg cooks, then just slap it together) and fills me up more than cereal -- plus I'm getting some protein with the egg. You could also add a slice of ham or chopped veggies if you have the time or want to snazz it up.

Nicki S. said...

I have been so much better at hot breakfasts! Many mornings I am not hungry, but I force food in, so I have energy to make it through the morning.