Friday, April 24, 2009

Grrr to technology

Technology companies know just how to get us. I happened to sneak into the electronics aisle at Wal-mart a few weeks ago to look for an adapter to play my 2GB iPod Nano (second generation, maybe first, I can't remember) in the car's tape player and I saw that they had an 8gb iPod Nano for $145.
WHAT?
I bought my original iPod in 2005. I want to say it cost me close to $200 or $300. It hold 500 songs. It was a splurge. I used my tax refund for it and loved having it. Recently though, I wanted be able to use my iPod for more than just running. So, I wanted to be able to do more organizing and categorizing to make it more useful. I didn't plan on buying an new iPod, but when I saw that the new one held 4 times more songs for half the price that I paid for the first one, I couldn't resist. I gave the old iPod to Nate. That way, he can plug his music into the Subaru instead of mine when he drives to work. He can also listen to what he wants in the kitchen.
I probably didn't need the new iPod, but it seemed like a good deal considering what I paid and got for the first one.
I over think a lot of purchases.
Now that I know I have a contracted position next year (yes, it's official), we are off to buy a new car. That, is going to be interesting!

1 comment:

Amy said...

hey- I figured out how to get songs off an Ipod and back onto your computer. we should "merge" our music collections.
-Amy