Sunday, April 26, 2009

Woa...warm weather

I can't believe the temperatures. I am sitting here at my computer at 10:14 p.m. and I am sweating. Can this be? Nate asked, "What happened to Spring?" The weather has been a little wacky.
But I took advantage Saturday of the warm weather to grill. We are not big beef eaters, but have attempted steak before. Whatever crappy cut I chose last time was tough and disgusting. However, this time I splurged on 2 top cut sirloins (Buy one get one free at Giant). I wrapped some raw onions in foil and cooked them in the oven at 425 for 40 minutes. I also tossed some red potatoes in a garlic and herb seasoning and baked those in the oven. With about 20 minutes left on the side dishes, I fired up the grill. Over high heat, I cooked the sirloin for about 5-10 minutes, then cut the heat and let the steak sit in the grill until the sides were done.
It was amazing. I have always been afraid of ruining steaks, but this one turned out great. I think it helped that I put some aluminum foil on the grate before laying down the steak. I also added a little salt and pepper (per my dad's suggestion) to tenderize it!
Thank goodness I am no longer afraid of steak!

No comments: