Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What I have been up to

I feel like I am running a million errands. My day Tuesday consisted of running all over York County gathering the materials that I needed to start on the bathroom. I visited three Wal-marts before I finally got the paint. I also picked up some hand towels, a soap dispenser and a few other items for the newly decorated bathroom. But, I was getting a little bit ahead of myself. It
took me all morning to get what I needed
BEFORE MIRROR

and when I finally got home, it was after 2 p.m. I started the bathroom. The drab white needed some color and I decided on a Bermuda-themed bathroom. Well, just something beachy, really. Not seashells and sand, but you know whites and blues. I chose tan for the wall, a neutral that would represent sand, but maybe later could be transformed into something else. I painted well past 8 p.m. This tiny bathroom needed a few coats. The craftsmanship wasn't perfection and there were a lot of little cracks to paint in. I also had to paint the door. I started with a layer of primer and I added a second on today. I also took down my old mirror and spray painted it white. I hope to have finished pictures up in a few days.
I thought having off would give me more time to get stuff done, but I feel like I added way too much to my to do list. I'll take it one step at a time.

BEFORE DOOR
BATHROOM BEFORE






1 comment:

Jen Vogelsong said...

You're all classy now with doors on all yer bathrooms and everything!