Monday, June 29, 2009

What a weekend

I didn't realize how tired I was until today. I had a very busy weekend.
I spent most of last week cleaning, painting and doing other errands and chores to prepare for our housewarming party. By Friday, it was time to dust, vacuum and wrao up all the other odds and ends that needed to be done. Then, I went to Cracker Barrel to work from 5 to 10 p.m.
I was up at 6 a.m. Saturday morning to drive the Honda to Lancaster and attend the 13th annual Refton Fire Co. auction. It's a family tradition. Nate scored some great garden tools for $1 a piece. I bought a cat carrier (a bigger one for my 20-plus-pound cat Toby) for $5, a box of household items for $2 and an antique chest for $30. It's a great place to get bargains.
Sunday morning I was up bright and early at 6 a.m. again to get ready for my triathlon. Having this be the second year that I participated, I didn't feel too nervous. It went pretty smoothly. I swam and did my transitions faster than last year but was a little slower on the run and the bike. One of the reasons the run could have been slow is because I did the entire 3.1 miles with my headband (that I forgot to put on my head to tame my pool and sweat soaked unruly hair) in my shoe. Nice. Overall, I was pleased with the results. I did motivate me to stick to a more strict traning regime for a triathlon coming up in September that I plan on participating in. I ended up finishing 65th out of 189 women, which even though my time was about 5 minutes slower, is a much better showing than my 66th out of 160 last year.
We got home at about 11 a.m. and started preparing the food for our housewarming party that started at 1 p.m. I chatted and showed the house a million times. It was so much fun to see my family and friend all at one time!
Now, it's recovery and clean up week. I also picked up some good library books. I'll also be eating leftovers for quite some time!

3 comments:

Jen Vogelsong said...

Wow! You did a triathalon before your housewarming? You are amazing. I am so incredibly sorry I didn't make it down yesterday. I really wanted to come. Maybe I can come down some evening after work and visit to make up for it? Let me know.

Melissa said...

congrats on the tri! you rock it, girl. which tri are you doing in sept? I've been swimming bc I have a stress fracture, and I thought I'd give one a go.

Nicki S. said...

The Shrewsbury YMCA has a triahtlon on September 26. As of next week, it's 12 weeks away...perfect training time frame. I am actually going to follow a training program for this one..lol.