Friday, July 10, 2009

Puppy parenthood


Has it really been nearly two weeks since I posted? I can't believe it. Since we picked up Moose, an 8-week-old German Shepherd Puppy, I've been following him around the house hoping to catch him in the act of peeing or pooping so that he becomes housebroken. That means I've skipped out on exercise, barely cleaned the house and didn't really do anything productive. It's rather disturbing, since I am used to being so active. I am sure before I know it, he will be housebroken and a joy to have.
I am a really impatient person, too, which makes it hard to stick to being consistent and not seeing immediate results. Hopefully, I can stick it out so Moose is a well behaved and socialized dog.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You should really keep going about your same daily routine. He can stay in his crate for up to 4 hours at a time. So you could let him out, then put him in his crate and go for a run and let him out again when you get back. They can go in the crate at other times besides bed time.