Monday, July 13, 2009

When stocking up doesn't save

For the second time in two years, I have had a printer bite the dust on me with no warning. The problem for me in both instances is that I stocked up on print cartridges (which aren't cheap) and now I am left with them. Printers are made so cheaply, it doesn't even pay to have them fixed. That is what the guy at Geek Squad has already told me not once, but twice! You think I would have learned the first time. But alas, I did not. Geek Squad guy told me to sell them on eBay, but I spent nearly $60 on three, and three are selling for $20 or less on eBay. Not even really worth the hassle. I wonder if churches are nonprofits would accept a donation like this. I mean, if they even have that kind of printer. I am learning to live by Nate's motto, "it is what it is," but it burns me up that I wasted the cost of half a printer on cartridges I can't even use.
I got a letter in the mail from Penn-Mar about them accepting used cartridges as donations. If none of my family or friends can use the ink, I might just see if they can accept it as a donation. We'll see how that goes!

No comments: