Monday, June 22, 2009

My latest summer project

I am calling him Simon. He is so sweet. He is currently living in my garage.
I was leaving my mom's house on Sunday when he came strutting down the driveway. He came right over when I called him. He is all skin and bones and a little dirty, but I am working on cleaning him up, getting him nuetered and ready for a home. The rescue shelter won't take him and he is a dear little thing. When I go out to visit him, he follows me around. I wish could keep him, but I already have two cats and a dog in the works. He sleeps a lot and is trying to stay hydrated. He doesn't eat much yet, but I hope he gets fatter soon. In between my massive cleaning spree today, I go visit him and check him out. Oh, and he can't meow. He tries. When he gets tired of my brushing him out, he growls a little or bats at the brush, but he is so friendly. Spread the word, Simon (or whatever you want to call him) needs a home!

1 comment:

Jen Vogelsong said...

Poor kitty! Or should I say, lucky kitty that you found him and are helping him get on the path to a better life. Sounds like he is going to make a great pet. I wish I could take him, but I'm not in a position to get another kitty just yet!