Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ask and you will recieve

I needed books for my classroom. SSR is a great way to get my readers to read independently. If I had planned ahead, I could have spent the summer hitting yard sales and thrift stores for 10- and 15-cent books. But, I didn't even think about it.
So, I sent out an e-mail, thinking that people like me like to purge their books and maybe they were getting rid of some I could use. And, my request was answered. My wonderful neighbor scoured the book sale her employer has and pulled out some great titles for me. And, a wonderful person donated $30 for me to go shopping for books that I would like for the classroom library. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to shop. I plan on hitting up a few fall yard sales and thrift stores. I also plan to head to some of the used book stores. It saved me a ton of money by asking for help. Imagine if I had gone to Barnes and Noble to stock my classroom library. That would have costs a fortune!

No comments: