Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Just about me

I haven't posted in forever. I feel like I am consumed with school, and with little free time outside work, school and puppy play time, I am forgetting who I am. And, I don't even have kids yet. I must say though, my job combines what I like with a pay check. Today, I spent time helping students edit their creative writing, which was very therapeutic for me.
So, I decided to do a little creative writing about me in my blog tonight. Not only to help me rediscover what I love about me, but to do something else I love to do, write.

I love Sheetz iced coffee, filled Maple Donuts and pizza shops that serve their subs on homemade bread. I think I love sharing the stories of my athletic adventures of triathlons, half marathons and long bike rides just as much as I love participating in the events. There is no substitute for exercise. Even though my long runs and bike rides have been replaced with doggy walks filled with, "no" "head up" "don't eat that worm" and "what the hell is the matter with you today", I have hopes that some day soon I can pick the pace back up.

I love to shop, but have been trying to refrain from it. I am always on the hunt for the best bargain, which means I end up with a lot of nice things, without the nice price tag.

I love books. Volunteering at the library was the best move I ever made. I love to be surrounded by the dreams and adventures that the books hold. It brings back memories of when I used to volunteer with my mom at the library. When I step into the children's area, I am bombarded with a flood of moments. I feel so happy when I remember a book from my childhood. My mom made the best decision ever when she decided to read to me as much as she did. It created a fascination with books that I will never let go.


I love to be creative. Crafts are a great way to express my creativity and create something that I can give as a cherished gift or decorate my house with. Just like my athletic adventures, I like telling people I made it, just as much as I love making it.

No comments: