Saturday, September 26, 2009

It's autumn

This morning as I rode my bike in the YMCA Sprint Triathlon, tears rolled out of the corners of my eyes. The cool breeze shot through my body and invigorated me! I LOVE THIS WEATHER. I love nothing more than to walk hand and hand with my husband at a fair or festival wearing jeans, sweatshirts and boots. I purposely dodge towards leaves when I run to crunch on them. The bills are low because you don't have to turn on the heat and the air conditioning is off. The windows are open and the nice crisp air filters in. It's just a beautiful time of year.
I am hoping the mild weather is motivation to get me back into my running routine, this time with my canine partner in toe. Moose is getting big. He loves to run and play and the vet said 5 months is the time he is allowed to start running. After he gets nuetered on Tuesday and has some time to heal, it off to the rail trail we go. I can't wait. I miss running. I need to get my cardiovascular system back into shape. And even though my blood pressure still tests low, I feel it slowly rising with every day I teach and learn the ropes of Special Education.
So here's to a happy fall filled with memories and motivation!

No comments: