Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Black Friday Bonanza

Never have I ever woken up before daylight to fight the crowds until Black Friday. Up until Friday, that would have been me. But alas, I gave in. I don't know if it was the joy and elation of having off work for several days in the a row without having to take a vacation day, or if it was the fact that my dog was up at 4:30 a.m. with a sick belly, but something made me go. I applied no makeup and left the house in a pajama-like outfit. I headed to the East York Wal-mart. There were a few I had in mind that I wanted to buy, but nothing that I was going to camp out for. I arrived at about 5:20 a.m to a parking lot that was overflowing. I parked all the way back behind Panera in the lost cart graveyard. I was smiling. It was a nice day. That is until I walked into Wal-mart and saw that lines a plenty. I was confused. Apparently the digital camera I had in the ad was one of those items that were highly sought after. I had to get a number. After I received number 110 out of 120, I had to wait in line for the camera. That seemed silly, since I already had the number, so I did a little shopping. I didn't find much, so I went back to the line. It had gotten a lot smaller. Yet, it still took me at least 45 minutes to get through. At least I had picked up a magazine before I entered the line again. I left with a $69 camera, an $8 memory card and a new pair of slippers to sooth my aching feet.
Then I went to Target, but more on that tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jen Vogelsong said...

I went shopping on Black Friday this year, too. But I went much later -- 8 a.m. -- and to Xmas Tree Shops in Hbg (just found where it was a few weeks ago!) where it was busy, but not insane. I got 20% off my whole order, saving me a total of $23, and while I didn't get tons of Xmas shopping done, I found a lot of things I have been looking to buy for a while at good prices (ie: folding table and chairs, etc.). I was pretty psyched!