Friday, December 4, 2009

Refrigerator

What disappointment and anguish the refrigerator that came with our house has cost us. $500 and 6 months later, we still had a broken fridge. We had two separate companies come out and look it at least 4 times. At $500, we would have half of a new fridge that was the color we wanted. But sometimes, you get into something that you don't want to stop. But, this last time it broke, just two months after the last fix, I had had enough. I drove my behind to Lowe's and picked out a new fridge. I bought the extra 5-year $100 warranty because I know how these things work. Refrigerators are the number one repaired appliance according to the salesman at Sears. Lowe's delivered for free and carted out that terrible old fridge that I never want to think about again. My advice for repairs! Don't do them. And stay away from Miles Maytag. We paid them at least $400 of that $500 and still ended up with a broken fridge. They replaced the main control panel...which apparently was the last thing we would ever need to replace. Yeah right! So, as of Monday, I turned over a new leaf. I am in love with my new fridge. I didn't like the nearly $1,200 price tag, but it works. And it has a warranty. And it matches. Thank goodness for getting rid of that horrid mess of a GE Fridge. We are onto Whirpool!

No comments: