Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dinner on the quick

There is no challenge that I love more than opening the refrigerator and looking at what I have to pull together a meal. It's much easier when Nate is on night work. I will eat just about anything, so it's a tad easier. Last night, I pulled the last of the pork from my wedding (yes, I know that was more than a year ago, but it's still tastes fine and I haven't died yet) out of freezer. As it was defrosting in the micro, I cracked open a can of black beans. As soon as the pork was done, I warmed it in a pan with the beans and cooked some leftover rice in the micro. In about five minutes, I had a lovely little mixture of pork, beans and rice. I added some bruschetta for that cool, crisp, vegetable taste. YUM. It was a great fusion of flavors that was quick, cheap and used some leftovers.
I threw something similar in my lunch!

1 comment:

Jen Vogelsong said...

You are so creative!