Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My piggy bank is emptying

No matter how hard I try lately, saving money seems to be impossible. If it's not one thing, it's another. Our cars have been giving us little problems here and there. Nothing major, just oil changes, a/c charging and air compressor. The refrigerator needed to be repaired and then the lawn mower broke and we needed another one. There went another $300-plus. We started a garden and as happy and excited as I am to see it bloom, the treatment, wheel barrow and other instruments Nate said we needed added up to more than $100. Somehow I spent $179 at BJs a few weeks ago on only a few items. That is why those memberships are BAD. I don't want to complain, because we are so much better off than so many people. We are leaving on a cruise to Bermuda here in a few weeks and when we return, we will be getting a puppy. I have the summer off, which can't be beat. Sometimes I just wish saving were a little easier.

2 comments:

Jen Vogelsong said...

You're getting a PUPPY?!!? What kind? Have you consulted with the kitties about this? :)

Honestly, I know what you're saying about money stuff. Things always pop up that you don't expect. It's frustrating.

Nicki S. said...

We want to get a German Shepherd, now we just have to find a reputable breeder. We took the kitties into consideration and that is why we opted for a puppy, not a dog that would chase them.