Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bed time

I have been trying really hard to get in bed by 10 p.m., so I am able to leap out of bed when the alarm goes off at 6 a.m. I am realizing, that I am a morning person, afterall. All those years of sleeping in until 9 a.m. or later where just me adapting.
But last night, I was sucked in by Dateline's interview with the mother of the recent octuplets. I couldn't help but think the woman was crazy like everyone else did, but I think she raised some valid reason as to why she produced that many children. Not to say that I think she should take government money or other handouts, but I can relate to her.
I am not judging her. I think too many rumors are flying and I am hard pressed to see which are facts and which are not. I can't imagine what it would be like to want kids so bad, only to be told you were unable to have them naturally. That you would have to be implanted with fertilized eggs and hope for the best. It's probably sort of twisted, but after 6, maybe she wasn't satisfied. If the doctor told her me I was running out of time, I might make a quick decision, too. I don't know. I would really have to examine all the facts, but I think people need to stop judging her and maybe look at her as a caring human being.

No comments: