Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mounds of clothes

It's no secret that I love clothes, shoes, handbags, accesories, etc. I've never really felt guilty about it because I spend so little. I do most of my shopping at Thrift Stores, Consignment Shops and sale racks of discount stores.
But a few days ago, I felt really overwhelmed. Nate and I don't have traditional closets...they are big, but have slanted ceilings and off layouts. I've been storing all of my clothes in my "dressing room," which is the spare bedroom. I had dozens of summer dresses, formal dresses and winter coats in the back of Nate's closet (which is the closet in OUR bedroom.) He wanted a place to store his firearms and asked me to give up my craft closet. I couldn't do it. So, he decided to use his closet. I've never seen the man so gung ho. He went to Home Depot, bought a bunch of wood and started turning his closet into a storage facility.
Unfortunately, I had to remove my clothes. Right now, they are laying on the spare bed. The stack is high. My wedding dress is partly to blame for that.
I don't know what to do. I could scale down my clothes, but I wear a lot of them, if not all of them. I am not really buying new clothes, so it's not like I am adding to the collection. I thought about storing the seasonal clothes in plastic containers in the basement, but you can't really fold formal dresses into plastic containers.
Any suggestions?

No comments: