Thursday, February 19, 2009

Surprise -- the hutch

Just when I thought my camera was going to take the trip to the electronics graveyard, it some how resurrected. Not sure how, but I am done asking questions.
So, I can post the dining room photos. I wish I had a better before, but just think white walls, white carpet and1980s fixtures. Not to mention the ugly laminate hutch. Check previous posts in home projects to see the progress.

Anyway. Click here to read the background on the hutch. Here is the before, during and after of photos of the hutch.
I added little jeweled handles to the black doors. We only put two doors back on because there was the beautiful wood drawers that added contrast to the all black hutch. If you look close, you can see my amateur painting, but I don't think anyone is looking too close :-)

Before
During

After

2 comments:

Jen Vogelsong said...

That's awesome! Were the drawers already there inside the cabinet doors or did you add those? You did a really great job with this. Looks like a brand new hutch!

Also, that's great about your camera coming back to life -- will save you some money buying a new one!

Nicki S. said...

Thanks. The drawers were already in there, behind the doors. I have the same drawers in the kitchen...which is our next rennovation project.