Monday, February 2, 2009

Super bead

While the rest of the Stiger family cheered on their beloved Steelers, I used the chunk of time Sunday to start beading the crystal bracelets for Amy's bridesmaids. It's been a while since I did one of these bracelets, so I was a little rocky to start, but once I got on a roll, I cranked out three. I have two more to go, but I think one of the three is too small, so I should probably rip it out and start over on that one. Maybe one of the gals has a super-skinny wrist.
I know the picture isn't very good, but I got so many compliments from all the girls (and guys) who were viewing the game at the Stigers. I am thinking of having a craft day at my house and teaching every one how to do these bracelets. I took a class at Ben Franklin Crafts (before it closed). They sell for about $40, but you can make them in about 30 minutes (once you get the hang of it) for $7 or so.

3 comments:

Jen Vogelsong said...

Well, if none of the bridesmaids have a super skinny wrist, you can sell it to my super skinny wrist! And, yes, I'm all about craft night!

Nicki S. said...

Sweet. They are really easy to make once you get the hang of things. You have to be patient with knots and tangles, I will tell you that.

Amy said...

You are the best crafty little sister a girl could ask for!