Thursday, February 5, 2009

Yummy dinners

I have been making some tasty dinners lately, but of course it isn't until I am putting the dishes in the sink that I remember to take a photo. By then, it's too late.
We had fish on Monday, which as easy as sprinkling seasoning on frozen fillets and cooking it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Tuesday, I made one of Nate's favorites, BBQ Nachos. I used to make Nate nachos all the time when we were dating, by my parents introduced us to the BBQ kind while dining at Smoky Bones and The Works.
Even though we have tons of pork left from the wedding, I used the store-bought stuff. It's pretty easy to throw in a saucepan and heat up. I layered blue and yellow tortilla chips on a plate and sprinkled mozzarella cheese on them and popped them in the microwave for 35 seconds to melt the cheese. When the pork was warm, I dropped little piles of pork on the nachos followed by a sprinkle of chopped lettuce, and finely diced tomatoes and onions. I also added sour cream, green salsa, guacamole and jalapenos. I promise you, even though I don't have a photo, it made for a colorful dish.
Wednesday I made an Olive-Garden worthy pasta dish in about 10 minutes. I have so many pasta noodles, shapes and sizes in my cupboards, but neither of us is a big pasta eater. I realized it was time to start using them.
So, I boiled garlic Parmesan fettuccine noodles in salted water. In the meantime, I sauted garlic, onion, mushroom, tomato, shrimp and imitation lobster meat in olive oil in a sauce pan...just enough to make it soft and warm. I sprinkled in a little pepper and sweet basil for some taste. We just served the veggie/seafood combo over the noodles! YUM. I will try to start taking more photos, I promise.

No comments: