Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dinner, darnit

I could kick myself at the end of every dinner. This is the conversation I end up having with myself as I am rinsing dishes in the sink.
"Crap."
"I forgot to take a picture."
"Crap."
"These blogs would be much more interesting with photos. Any ideas on remembering? I keep the camera downstairs until I need to take it upstairs to upload it. There is stays.
Anyway.
Tuesday I made chopped salad. I used a fancy tool from Pampered Chef called a salad chopper. It's like a huge pair of scissors. I loved chopped salad. I always serve it with frozen garlic bread sticks that cook in just 4 minutes.
Wednesday, I had leftovers....wait for it.....shredded pork mixed with salsa served over top of rice and a side of turnip greens. Of course, Nate had already eaten because he almost threw up when he saw my plate. I love to mix foods and try new things. Anyone can mix shredded pork with barbecue, but I've tried spaghetti sauce, salsa, pizza sauce and sauerkraut. I find that a combo of new and interesting flavors is better than the same old tired meal.
Tonight, I am making two batches of brownies for the classes that have behaved this week and kept their brownie points. It's been a long week, but I think we all need the reward of brownies and a movie.

No comments: