Saturday, January 17, 2009

BB's Grocery Outlet

I know I've talked about this before, but BB's Grocery Outlet in Lancaster County is awesome. The address is 581 Camargo Road, Quarryville. It's located just off Route 222. It's hard for me to get there because the hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.

***Update: The hours are now until 8 p.m. weekdays (still 4 p.m. on Saturday and closed on Sunday)

I didn't work yesterday, so I visited my mom and sister in Lancaster and made a run to BB's. It's really hit-or-miss. If you find something you love, you better stock up, because a lot of times you go back and they don't have it.

For example, they have boxes of 48 granola bars for $4.99. When I went yesterday, none were to be seen. They still had bags of 12 to 15 for 50 cents, so I bought six of those for my mom. She also had me pick up a case of Propel for $7.99 and a case of Gatorade for $5.99. I buy Kashi granola bars when they have them...which is rare. I've bought bags of 10 for 50 cents. I checked at the grocery store and a box of 6 is more than $4.

They always have crazy sauces, spices and canned goods for 25 or 50 cents. I love that because you can try out a new seasoning without shelling out a lot of money. With the cold weather, I just recently entered the refrigerated section. I can buy cold stuff and not worry about it spoiling until I go home. They had packaged lunch meat for 99 cent to $2, which is super cheap and it keeps long.

One warning, I have bought stuff there that tasted stale and old (and I am not picky, so you know it was bad.) A lot of stuff is past the sell-by date, but is completely edible and good. My experience was with REALLY old snacks, so just steer clear of those.

I spent about $60 on what would easily cost me $150 at the grocery store, no lie.

The other BB's locations are:
20 Quigly Road, Newburg
Rt 419, Schaefferstown
6180 Morgantown Road, Morgantown

No comments: