Saturday, January 10, 2009

So far, so good

Well, it's been one whole week since I left the YDR. I do miss it, but I am keeping in touch with my friends. Do I love teaching? Absolutely. I am sure there are hard days to come, but I haven't had a bad day, yet. Challenges? Yes. Like today I had to teach conversion of quarts and pints to gallons. That isn't easy stuff, even for an adult. But the students are helpful and understanding. The two classroom aides were understanding and accepting of my lack of math knowledge. But I got to read a chapter to the class. I LOVE reading aloud. Amy never let me do it for her ;-) It was just all around a busy, but fun day. I can't wait to see what's in store next week!

On the dinner front, Nate wanted to order out. I reminded him that our income has been bumped down a few brackets. I talked him into letting me make him a pizza. I use Betty Crocker crust. It's powdered and comes in a packet. It's 75 cents. All you do is mix it with water, let it sit for 5 minutes, then spread it out. I added sauce (I buy the Delgrosso sauce usually on sale for 99 cents. It only takes 1/3 of a jar to make the pizza.) Then I top it with cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions and peppers. It's a fraction of the cost of ordering out and probably much, much healthier. I ate leftovers...again!

1 comment:

Jen Vogelsong said...

I'm glad you didn't post a picture of the pizza because that would have made me hungry! I like to make my own, too, but I use the Pillsbury pizza dough that comes in a refrigerated roll. Your way is probably cheaper!