Friday, January 9, 2009

What can you get at Salvation Army Thrift store for $27.39?

This having off thing is pretty cool. I got to go to the Salvation Army Thrift Store on half-off day** when I wasn't in a hurry. I got to go early so the lines weren't long and I didn't have to wait for 10 other people to try on items in the dressing room. I intended to go in there to get new pants and shirts for Cracker Barrel that weren't worn thin. Of course, I found mich more. Everything is in practically new condition. This is what I came out with.

A Columbia windbreaker (pictured) $4
An Old Navy Black Pea Coat (for Amy) $4
Bass black shoes $2.00
Anne Klein boots $1.50 (Pictured)
Liz Claiborne dress shoes #1.50 Banana Republic dress pants $2.50
Work shirt $2 Work pants $2
Lerner pants $2 Other dress pants $2
A Gap fleece for nate $2.50


**Wednesdays are family day at all or most Salvation Army Thrift Stores. It's 50 percent off clothes, shoes, linens and purses. There are exceptions, but it's by the color of the tag, so it's really easy to tell. The sign at the front of the store always tells you what is excluded for that day.

2 comments:

Jen Vogelsong said...

Wow, you are having quite the stellar week, I'd say! My problem with thrift-store shopping is the same problem I have in other aspects of life: patience. Some days I don't have it in me to weed through and try on items. But your post just goes to show what you can get when you do!

Nicki S. said...

It DOES take patients and a few free hours, but it totally pays off. I wore my $2 bass shoes to teach in today and my feel felt lovely all day.