Friday, January 30, 2009

Creative art

Erin, my friend, gave Nate and I this awesome piece of art for our wedding gift. When I first opened it I had no idea what it was. But if you look closely, you can see that the objects in the pictures form letters that spell "Stiger." How cool? I can't wait to put it in the office. Erin said she saw the idea on a Web site for close to $150, but knew she could do it for less! That's my girl. She kept an eye out for objects where she lived and worked that could double as letters. It turned out amazing.
With more and more people equipped to take their own photos and Web sites like Snapfish and Shutterfly to order them on, there are endless options for personalized art. Erin said she was able to find the 6-letter frame at Target and a longer name might be harder, but I am sure with a little creativity, you could make it work for your name, too. When you see something you love, but it's just not in the budget, think outside the box of ways you can make it your own for much less money.

1 comment:

Jen Vogelsong said...

I saw that when we were up in your office and thought it was the coolest thing. I didn't know Erin made that! A friend of mine was trying to do the same thing for her in-laws as a gift. Some letters are tougher than others, so she must have really been planning ahead to get all the ones in your last name! That's a really neat idea for a gift.