Sunday, January 18, 2009

Craft addiction

My craft addiction is getting out of hand. I went to A.C. Moore with my mom and sister yesterday and my head was spinning like that little girl in exorcist. I know I have five million projects at home, enough fabric to make a quilt to cover my house and all the supplies to do it. Yet, I still spend money EVERY time I go. If something is on sale, it's even worse. I think, "Oh, I will use this eventually so it's better to buy it on sale." That is usually OK. One time, though, I bought printer cartridges on sale at Staples (like 6 of them for $35) and my printer broke before I even opened one.
I bought an embroidery book. It's like sewing, only you actually make a pretty design. I did it once a few years ago on a pillow I made for Nate's mom, and she raves about it all the time. I REALLY need to finish my afghan. I have fabric to make curtains, a quilt I started using my race T-shirts as the patches and beading ideas like mad. I'm making recycled cards now and I also make my own potpourri. I get it from my mom, I know it. If we go shopping, she always picks up things and tells me she can make them. I'm the same way. I have a hard time buying stuff because I think I can DYI. That is all good if I have the time. I need to prioritize my projects.

I am really interested in starting the 1950s-style office. I scanned in some old black and whites my grandfather took when he was an U.S. Air Force photographer and drew a black and white wall hanging (that I will post a picture of soon). I need to decide on paint and get some shelves hung, but it should be fairly simple. I have the idea in my head, I just have to carry it out....just like all those other projects collecting dust in the craft closet.

2 comments:

Jen Vogelsong said...

I have a bunch of house projects I want to do but never seem to find the time, so I can relate. And although I'm not as bad as you, I also have trouble getting out of A.C. Moore empty-handed. Especially if I have a coupon!

Nicki S. said...

Ah yes, the coupon. We printed them online...unlimited coupons :-) Between my mom, sister and me, we could start a craft store, for sure!