Friday, December 26, 2008

After-Christmas sales

It's hard to beat the after Christmas sales.

I rose early this morning (after a long night riding along with Nate in the police cruiser) to head to Bed Bath & Beyond. My sister picked her wedding reception centerpiece from there and I was hoping to find them all 50 percent off. It was with the Christmas stuff before Christmas, so my fingers were crossed.

When I got there, nada. So, I picked up 4 rolls of 100-sq.ft wrapping paper for $1.50 each. I stocked up for the next few years. I asked about the centerpieces. They moved them back to the home decor and they weren't on sale! Thank goodness for 20 percent coupons. I picked up two and paid separately for them so I could use both 20-percent-off coupons. The gal at the register said you can use one coupon per item, no need to ring it up separately (even though the coupon said 1 per visit). Sweet.

I headed to Michaels and stocked up on $25 worth of stuff I probably didn't need, but will probably be thankful that I bought come next Christmas. I stopped at A.C. Moore to try to find the blank red and green cards I use for my recycled cards, but no dice.

I stopped at the Bread Outlet (Fridays are BOGO in December) but they were closed. I have one more Friday to stock up.

My after-Christmas shopping is complete. Oh, until I head to Cracker Barrel tomorrow for cheap ornaments.
But I swear, then I am done.

1 comment:

Jen Vogelsong said...

I went looking for blank red and green cards at AC Moore too (unsuccessfully, of course) now that you got me all inspired to recycle Christmas cards. Wow -- you got a lot done before work! I got some good deals today too. I'll fill you in Monday!