Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Back to the blogs

It's so easy to forget you have a blog. I mean, really, isn't life busy enough? I don't feel alone though, because I have read a million and five blogs that started and didn't keep up.

At the suggestion of a co-worker who is going to miss my bargain tips, recipes and ideas at work on a daily basis (**more on that later**), I decided to try really hard to keep the blog updated.

**As of Jan. 2, I will be leaving the York Daily Record/Sunday News, a place I have spend 37.5 hours a week for the past 5.5 years. It's bittersweet. I love this job. I get paid to write about food, fun people and life. It's flexible, laid back and cool. However, I have a larger desire to have a more rewarding job. Summers off won't hurt, either. So, I start classes at Temple Harrisburg in January to get my master's in special education. I will be substitute teaching, mostly for the IU 12. I'll still freelance for the paper to keep my writing sharp and I'll waitress at Cracker Barrel because that's fun, too.

So here is my tip of the day....(sorry Jen, it's one you already know.) The bread outlet behind the West Manchester Mall has a buy-one-get-one-free special on Fridays through the end of the year. That means the already half-price items are now BOGO. I got a pack of two small pizza crusts, rye bread, wheat bread and rolls for $3.50.

1 comment:

Jen Vogelsong said...

Thanks for starting this back up Nicki. We're gonna miss you!