Friday, December 12, 2008

Ode to Idahoan

Last night, I came home from work and Nate was already hungry. Poor guy, that's what happens when he eats lunch at 10 a.m. and I don't get home from work until 6:30 p.m.

But, I was able to have a tasty meal on the table by 7 p.m. As soon as I walked into the door, I turned the oven on to 450 degrees and started a pot of water. I covered a Pyrex baking dish with aluminum foil and placed two frozen Tilapia fillets in the pan. I sprinkled each with a dry chili lime
season and placed it in the preheated oven. I set the timer for 15 minutes. I dumped some lima beans in the pot of water and then started another pot of water. While the timer ticked, I cleaned up the kitchen, set the table and put away my work stuff. With a few minutes left on the timer, I took the second pot of boiling water and combined it with the Idahoans (which only take 1 minute by the way and are the best instant potatoes you will ever, ever eat.) You add nothing! I just added some butter and pepper to the lima beans and dinner was served.

Nate was so happy with the meal and I almost felt guilty because it was barely any work at all. He made the comment that there isn't much you can cook from frozen to done in 15 minutes, but white fish is one of them. Yum. We had a very healthy, quick meal.

1 comment:

Jen Vogelsong said...

I'm not a fan of instant potatoes (I make scalloped or au gratin in a pinch) but love frozen tilapia. Like you said, it's a great, fast, healthy meal.