Thursday, December 18, 2008

Saving on holiday gift cards

This year I am so not creative about giving gifts. I put effort forth on a few and then resorted to gift cards. You can't go wrong.

But, instead of running around to each individual store (because you have to at least put in enough thought to get them a card at a store they like or shop at), you can buy them at the grocery store. And thanks to Jen, who pointed out that you save gas rewards points at Giant by doing it. I bought a $25 gift card to Applebees at Wal-mart for $24.75. Not sure why the 25 cent discount. I will, however, be buying the rest of them at Giant, so I can rack up the gas rewards points.

If you visit their Website they even have a list of stores they carry.

Happy gift card shopping!

1 comment:

Lo said...

Wow--that's crazy! I never knew they offered so many! I've probably been walking by them for years...